Monday, March 17, 2008
Too many things on my plate!!!
So I've been extremely busy for a long time now and I've just gotten even busier. Let me give you a brief run down of my busy life:
1. Working as a substitute teacher bribing the children with drawings of Mickey Mouse, Bart Simpson, etc... if they don't give me a rough/hellish time.
2. Working freelance graphic design stuff for friends when they need it.
3. Taking two, online, flash animation class which requires for me to dedicate about five hours to each lecture and assignment.
4. And this week I decided that I'm going to try to build at least one CG model per week to help build my CG portfolio. Once the models are build I will either try to make time for rigging them that week, or slowly rig them within a few weeks after completing them... unless rigging is giving me a hard time which I KNOW it will... then I may have to pick and choose which models I want to rig.
5. And finally, the big thing that is also keeping me busy is... LOOKING FOR A JOB!!!
so if anybody has any leads on jobs, I would be most greatly appreciative.
So I thought I would try to update this blog more regularly with my progresses in art, and CG stuff. I will start off with showing you the progress for my CG model I'm currently building.
I came up with a quick design of a silly angel character. I spent all of today modeling the eye and glasses and smoothing things out. The texture that is currently on them is just a temporary texture until he is finished. After that, I'll apply a nice UV texture map which I'll create on Photoshop CS2. Good times... As always, comments are encouraged and appreciated. Thanks for looking.
The Drawing above is my template for my model
And here is the day one of his construction.
And here is the front and profile view against the template.