Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MAYA will be the death of me!

So in my efforts of trying to keep my progress up to date on my blog, I'm posting my accomplishment on my CG model since last I posted which was two days ago. I spent ALL of Sunday creating and refining that eye which was posted. And I spent ALL of Monday, again, locked in my room trying to further my CG character along as much as possible. One thing about working on the computer is that nothing is ever predictable. The act of actually modeling and creating a character isn't what's slowing me down. The bugs and errors that I encounter on Maya is what's slowing me down. But, non-the-less I suffer the love/hate relationship with Maya and must carry that burden. I'm actually having a lot of fun with this character and learning a lot. One thing I love about maya is that it allows me creativity with how I construct a, or part of, a character. It allows me to see the body and certain material as shapes and forces me to decide on the quickest and most effective way to build that shape either by manual polygon building, or by cheating and constructing those shapes by importing already build shapes in Maya and refining them to match your image. So yeah. I'm having a good time even though it's a pretty slow process. Today, however I'm not going to work on Maya... I'm giving myself a break and am going traditional and old school. I'm gonna go around with a sketchbook and draw. So maybe tomorrow I'll have one or two new drawings to post. Anyway, enjoy. And as always, comments are welcome and appreciated. Thank you so much for stopping by. There's a LOT about this character which I hate right now, so let the viewer of my work know that I will be refining and rebuilding a lot of things on this character that I don't like (such as the nose and mouth).
A quick Render of Half of his untextured face with the glasses on.
The four panel view of him : Top, Perspective, Front, Side
A closer view of the Front and Profile view. I kept the wire frame on shading so you can see how the character was built.
A simple pair of glasses that I made for my character. I'm still gonna tweak a few things on these glasses, but I added a few details like a small screw in the hinge which you can't actually see from this perspective.
The four panel view of my simple glasses. You can see the screw better with this image on the side view panel.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy

No comments: