Friday, May 2, 2008

Ursula Grew Hair

This is my first time ever attempting to create any CG hair using Maya. I figured that since I spent so much time modeling Ursula, that perhaps I should spend the time to figure out how to add hair to her. So these are my results. The hair, when rendered, is extremely lit with no shadow maps. I'm still trying to tinker around with the settings to figure out why the hair seems to glow, but it's still a mystery to me. I think it has something to do with the lighting system I had created to illuminate my character. The rendering is done using Maya's rendering software which isn't good at all. I am trying to get either Mentalray or Renderman to create a much better and much more defined render of the hair dynamics created. For now you will have to just accept what I have here since it's beyond my control. But keep in mind that I am working like a mad man to figure out a way to create nicer and more believable hair. It's all a work in progress. Enjoy.
Front and Profile screen capture of Ursula with her hair.
A profile render of her hair. I'm still trying to figure out Maya hair and and still trying to figure out, also, why this hair is rendering super bring and almost glowing.
A render of Ursula with her hair. I'm still learning a lot about Maya.

1 comment:

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Your a crazy mad man Sergio! Ursula scares me! Good job!